Advance the automotive market and advance your career at Gentex! Join a collaborative culture devoted to innovation, cooperation, and continuous improvement. Your ideas are not just heard, they are celebrated! Explore Gentex today!
Gentex is seeking energetic self-starters to fill entry-level production positions on multiple shifts. These positions are responsible for the assembly of raw parts and sub-assemblies as stated by the operation sheets. Will also be responsible for the quality of the product and to ensure customer requirements are met.
A work history that includes proven dependability and punctuality is required. Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- 1st shift hours are typically Mon - Friday 6:00am-2:00pm
- 2nd shift hours are typically Mon - Fri 2:00pm-10:00pm.
- 3rd shift hours are typically Sun -- Fri 10:00pm--6:00am
- Exact start and end time may vary depending on line schedules.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Responsible for the assembly of raw parts and sub-assemblies as stated by the operation sheets.
- Responsible for the quality of the product and to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Achieve department goals through assembly and inspection of small parts and/or operation of machines to produce high quality products for our customer.
- Responsible for being an active team participant in teamwork toward continuous improvement.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for performing off-line tasks including line scheduling, down time reporting, housekeeping, coordinating time keeping, and ordering supplies.
- One year manufacturing experience preferred.
- Excellent attendance history.
- Ability to rotate to all positions within department.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend English based operation sheets.
- High level of hand dexterity/coordination. Some assembly processes require repetitive grasping, pushing, gripping, lifting, and manipulation of forces and weights up to 5 lbs.
- 20/30 corrected eyesight with color recognition.
- Ability to stand, remain stationary, and/or move about for 8 hours.
- Some positions require repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Some positions require frequent to repetitive bending, reaching, squatting, or otherwise positioning body to load and unload materials from racks, skids and carts of varying heights.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; raw glass; repetitive movements; and hazardous materials (e.g., flammable, toxic, or corrosive chemicals). The work environment is temperature controlled and the noise level is usually moderate. Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment as needed to protect against identified hazards and promote a safe work environment. Manufacturing work environments require constant vigilance and compliance with safety best practices, policies, and procedures.
Gentex is an equal opportunity employer
Gentex extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees regardless of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), disability, marital status, military service, height, weight, genetic information, or any other reason protected by law.
Gentex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] Gentex will not discriminate against any qualified individual who can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Understand your right to work
At Gentex, we use to confirm you're authorized to work in the U.S.
E-Verify – [Register to View]
Right to Work – [Register to View]
Right to Work - [Register to View]