General Statement of Duties:
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for the maintenance of Community Rebuilders owned rental properties and the facilities upkeep and maintenance of the office.
Key responsibilities include property maintenance, preventative maintenance, maintenance work orders, continuous improvement of equipment and facilities, facility safety systems, grounds work and assisting with other tasks as assigned.
Full-Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
Primary responsibilities and job performance of the Maintenance Technician are completed in and around the rental properties owned and located throughout the city of Grand Rapids. This position requires the ability to lift moderately heavy objects, climb ladders, perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength. Work is performed in all weather and temperature conditions.
Quality of Maintenance Work Responsibilities
• Accurately diagnoses and solves problems with cost effective, long-term solutions;
• Displays a strong, consistent effort in completing work;
Maintenance Customer Service Responsibilities
• Completes maintenance service requests in a timely manner;
• Quickly and correctly identifies the issue or problem behind the service request;
• Recommends and implements the most efficient solution to address the maintenance issue.
General Maintenance Responsibilities
• Performs maintenance work on residential properties, including performing electrical, HVAC, plumbing, and other related tasks within their scope of expertise;
• Performs maintenance work on equipment and systems;
• Assists with grounds work and assists staff with other tasks, when required.
Preventative Maintenance Responsibilities • Performs preventative maintenance according to schedule for facility, properties and equipment;
• Makes recommendations for changes in maintenance procedures to proactively address recurring issues.
Safety & Security Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines;
• Keeps accurate, detailed and timely maintenance records for all activities;
• Assists in keeping Community Rebuilders' properties and facilities safe, clean and organized.
Process Improvement Responsibilities • Identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction in the maintenance of equipment, properties and facility;
• Assists with the implementation of process improvement initiatives.
Required Minimum Qualifications
High School Diploma
Valid Michigan Drivers License
Broad knowledge of electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing and various equipment
Relevant experience in a maintenance role
Track record of quality work
Strong communication skills to interact with team
Proven ability to recommend process or efficiency improvements
Demonstrated ability provide good customer service
Honesty and Integrity
This position requires the ability to lift moderately heavy objects, climb ladders, perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength.
Essential Physical duties
Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication abilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively, hear within the normal range of conversations, and carry on telephone communication;
Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to review a wide variety of written and electronic materials at arm’s length or less (distinguish letters and numbers), to see in detail objects or printed material at greater than arms length and perform inspections of tenant housing;
Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate computer equipment and other office equipment;
Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to bend or stoop, repeatedly, sit or stand for long periods of time, and lift at least 50 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds.