Melching Inc. is seeking demolition laborers for mobile crews.
- Physical capability to handle labor activity on a daily basis including the ability to lift 50-75 pounds of material, utilize demolition hammers, block and concrete removal throughout the 10-hour shifts.
- Ability to work safely using helmets, safety glasses, gloves, etc. while working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Previous experience working with common construction tools such as sawzalls, drills, chipping hammers, hand tools, etc. Experience with cutting torches is desirable but we will train the willing candidate.
- May be asked to work out of town in the future. Lodging provided.
- Ability to arrive at the assigned job site on-time.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the jobsite.
- Valid Driver's License required. May be asked to obtain chauffeur's license after probationary period
- This position involves outdoor and indoor year-round work through all weather conditions.
- Eligible to legally work in the United States of America
- Medical and Dental benefits available after probationary period. Pay will be based on experience.
- Participates in demolitions
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, braces, barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures
- Provides assistance to subcontractors
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards. Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations
- Related duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions; must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to co-workers and supervisors.