This job is archived
- Responds to incoming requisitions received via fax, intranet, hardcopy and telephone from various customers by dispensing inventory supplies and equipment in a timely manner, or order equipment/supplies from third party vendor. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains inventory levels of supplies, materials, equipment and/or linens. Rotates stock, cleans and straightens up products to assure a neat and orderly appearance of inventory location and work area.
- Uses a handheld computer or other methods to manage inventory. Transmit or input information to main computer system to record accurate inventory levels.
- Break down delivery carts and/or pallets and assemble order(s) to be delivered to requesting unit.
- Delivers products and/or equipment to requesting location following proper delivery techniques and safety guidelines (cart covers applied when needed, proper stacking and load securing)
- Remove soiled linen and/or products from nursing units to designated holding area following universal safety precautions (based on specific entity and location).
- Pack products in totes, boxes, pallets, or carts according to proper packing techniques for delivery. Label and place delivery order(s) in assigned area for shipping or delivery for Spectrum Health or third party carrier.
- Load, unload and secure heavy cargo for delivery vehicles. May require the use of a forklift or pallet jack. Place delivery carts, pallets, totes, or boxes in assigned area. Unpack and check delivery against purchase order. Follow-up with the Purchasing department on orders without a purchase order. Report any damaged boxes/products or discrepancies. Input purchase order and delivery ticket information into computer to maintain accurate records of material/supplies received and schedules for delivery. Ensure paperwork and signatures are completed and filed.
- Required High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of orientation and introductory period. Preferred
- Supply chain/material management or related experience Preferred
- CRT-HI-LO Certification - UNKNOWN Unknown Big Rapids, Grand Rapids, Reed City
30 Days preferred